Friday, April 27, 2012

REVIEW: "Fifty Shades Darker" by E.L. James

Book Synopsis (from Goodreads.com):
Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront the anger and envy of the women who came before her, and make the most important decision of her life.


My Thoughts: 
So I am trying something new. I am starting this review while still reading this book. Why? When I finish a book and try to put all of my thoughts together, it doesn't work as well.

From the very first page, I am sucked back into Miss Steele's world. We meet back up with her at work, just days after breaking up with Christian and my heart breaks for her. 

Once again, this is a very adult book.. mature readers only. If you've read the first book and enjoyed it, I believe you'll really love this book. Christian and Ana's relationship is a lot more "vanilla" and easier for most to read, in my opinion. We get to see more of Taylor in this book and I absolutely adore him. There are some really great characters beyond Christian and Ana and I think that really makes the story. We even get to see deeper into Christian's past and have a bit more of an understanding as to why he is the way that he is.


This is such a wonderful sequel. I laughed and I cried a few times. Any book that makes you feel so strongly for the characters, in my opinion, is a wonderful book. If you get the chance, you need to pick this book up and read it!

4 out of 5 stars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sadly, I am declaring this an award free zone. I do appreciate your comments though so feel free to leave one!