Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dirty Little Secrets (#3)


Dirty Little Secret is a weekly meme hosted by  Under the Covers. Every Thursday we get to know other bloggers and our readers more intimately by asking them a question hoping to reveal their dirty little secrets.   

This week's question:
How do you go about reviewing 1 or 2 star books or books you didn't enjoy?


I haven't had the chance to review any 1 or 2 star books yet but I have already been thinking about this, a lot. I realize a lot of people won't post reviews that they give less than 3 stars to but I think that's silly because the whole point is to give an HONEST review. If you don't think the book is great, people should know. I plan on highlighting what I DID like about the book before stating what didn't work for me. Just because I don't think it's a great book doesn't mean someone else won't enjoy it. We all have different tastes!

Now it's your turn, how do you review 1 and 2 star books? And if you don't write reviews, how do you like reading reviews on books that someone didn't think was great?

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing just because its a negative review doesnt mean you have to be "negative" in it :)

    ReplyDelete

Sadly, I am declaring this an award free zone. I do appreciate your comments though so feel free to leave one!